Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Numero 3

When Eric and I were first married, I wanted 4 children. When Emma was born, I wanted no more children. When Emma was close to 2, I changed my mind and knew I wanted another child. Right after Josh was born, I knew we would one day add another child to our family.

I am almost 16 weeks along and am excited for our third child to arrive sometime in October. This pregnancy has already been very different then my pregnancy with Emma and Josh. At exactly five weeks, I hit a brick wall and began feeling very sick. The thought of food made me nauseous but not eating made me sicker. I threw up almost every morning and sometimes in the afternoon or evening. I tried forcing myself to eat every 2 hours but sometimes I just couldn't do it. It was the longest 8 weeks of my life but finally at 13 weeks, I began to feel like food was my friend again. Right about then, my belly popped out and I definitely look more pregnant than I should for 16 weeks, but whatever.

Now that I am showing, Emma is excited and talks to me all the time about her new baby sister. I think it's adorable that she has deemed this baby a girl and it will be interesting to see who is right, her or Eric who has decided the baby is a boy. We should be scheduling our ultrasound soon and this time, we aren't going to find out what we are having. I'm not sure I won't go a bit nutty not knowing being that I am such a control freak but I am sure I can survive for 24 more weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Congrats!!! Can I name this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going to find out?!!! I would die! And I'm so glad you're feeling better. My sickness is the same as what you described. Horribly hungry but NO FOOD sounds good. I force feed myself, usually barf it up and then am so hungry I want to cry. Good times.

    ReplyDelete