I didn't sleep very well that night, and was ready to go by 5am the next morning. Once Eric's parents arrived at our house, we left for the hospital and got checked in quickly. At 9 am my doctor arrived to break my water (that was all the induction it took) and by 9:30 I was watching a movie. After begin monitored for 2 hours, my labor and delivery nurse gave us permission to walk around for a bit. About 15 minutes into the walk, I knew I needed to head back to the room. By 11:50, my contractions were getting extremely hard and I was no longer a happy camper. Knowing it wouldn't be much longer my doctor was back in room by 12:05 and at 12:32, Jonathan was born.
When he was given to me, all I could think was how much he looked like Josh. He settled down once in my arms and they allowed Eric and I to have over an hour alone with him before they cleaned him up. A short while later Eric's parents brought the kids to meet their new little brother. Emma and Josh were immediatley in love and Elizabeth didn't seem to care very much at all. Eric took the kids home that night and I was on my own at the hospital. Over the next 2 days, Eric was able to bounce between being with me and Jonathan and being at home thanks to both of our parents. On May 2, we got to bring the little guy home. It was nice to leave the hospital and finally start trying to figure life out. Thanks to many of our friends and our families, we haven't cooked since that first night home. The kids are doing well adjusting and we have even survived Eric's first week back at work. This Thursday is the last day of school so it will interesting to see how we all do over the summer. Wish us luck!







No comments:
Post a Comment