Thursday, February 4, 2010
Go away winter
You know it's truly winter in Arizona when every child you know is sick, even your own. Josh started the cycle in our house this time about 2 weeks ago and after being completely congested and sleeping horribly for a solid week, he finally got over his cold early last week. A few days later, Emma's cold began along with an awful sounding cough that kept her up at night too. We tried so hard to keep Emma and Josh's contact time at a minimum so that it did not spread back to Josh but by Monday, he was a disaster. I took both to the doctor that day to have their lungs listened to and Josh's ears checked and the doctor gave them both a clean bill of health. Josh seemed to be doing better yesterday and slept peacefully on Tuesday night but last night he was up multiple times and had a rough day today. After getting a call from Eric today that he had broken out in red bumps, I decided to take another trip to the doctor with him. His lungs still sounded good (big relief) but his right ear is infected and now is on antibiotics. Hopefully this will not bounce back to Emma who is finally feeling better, or I may have to quarantine both in their rooms! Did I say that some day I wanted to have another baby in the fall? Because I am truly reconsidering my thoughts knowing now how siblings share germs, good grief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally agree. It feels like I have been dealing with sick kids every since Logan was born...good luck with your little ones. They are so beautiful!
ReplyDelete