Tonight I am blogging from my hotel room in Atlanta, Georgia. I finally have a free minute and figured I would blog instead of watching the Steelers v Jets game on TV that I really don't care about.
The last week or so has been craziness for me. Last Friday evening I hopped on a plane to California for a quick trip to see my oldest cousin Ryan get married. Ryan and Katie began dating in high school so I have known my cousin-in-law (is there such a thing?) for quite some time now. I was honored when they asked me last August to do a reading at their wedding and quickly said yes. The wedding was Saturday afternoon and it was beautiful. Their reception location was equally beautiful and it was nice getting to spend time with my extended family dancing the night away. After a busy day on Sunday filled with more family time and lots of driving back to Orange County, I jumped back on a plane in the evening to come home.
Monday was MLK day and Eric had the day off with the kids and I. He went hunting in the early morning and I was glad he got time to himself after being alone with the kids all weekend. As a side note, I don't know many dads that spend whole weekends alone with their kids while their wife goes on mini trips. Eric is wonderful and knows just what to do with the kids! When he got home, we spent the afternoon together and enjoyed the beautiful weather Arizona had been having outside with the kids.
Tuesday and Wednesday were spent working and fighting off another cold and pounding eardrums. Wednesday afternoon I made it to the doctor who didn't see an ear infection but said the pain I was describing sounded like one. I am not sure what's going on with my ears but would definitely like this pounding and constant dull pain to stop now.
Thursday morning Eric and I flew out to Atlanta for Sergio and Lisa's wedding (which I will blog about later because there is too much I want to write about). I will say the weekend has been eventful and the wedding was amazing. Tomorrow we fly back home and after 4 plane trips in 10 days, I will be happy to stay put with my kids for awhile!
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment