Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chew on this

Our sweet little Sophie has been an incredibly good dog so far. We really lucked out getting a puppy that is little and can grow with the kids who is already crate and potty trained. Sophie loves to snuggle and constantly follows me around the house. When I am in the kitchen, so is she. When I am in the bedroom, so is she. She has already taken to the kids and constantly kisses them and plays with them. With such a good dog you have to be wondering what the drawback is. At first, we couldn't find one but this week her true puppy nature has surfaced. Sophie is a chewer! The dog will chew on anything; a barbie, a rock, socks, washcloths, wooden spoons, firewood, golf balls, and you get the idea. The play room has been officially gated up to keep her from getting at the toys because that is the only room where stuff lays on the floor so she hasn't gotten too much. Outside is another story though. Today Sophie chewed a hole through the trampoline enclosure and dragged about 10 large pieces of firewood around the yard and chewed on them. I wasn't super angry about the disaster though because we had bad communication with the sitter and she didn't realize we weren't leaving Sophie outside alone for longer than 10 minutes yet. Here's to hoping we don't have a repeat of today's chew fest anytime soon and now I am wondering when puppies pass through this phase of life. Looks like I have some research to do!

1 comment:

  1. Jake's closing in on 2 years old and he still chews...LOL Hopefully, Sophie will grow out of that for you.

    ReplyDelete