Thursday, August 4, 2011

Easy come, easy go

About a month ago we transitioned Josh in to Emma's old toddler bed since the new bunk bed had arrived. He did fantastic the first few nights and then everything went downhill from there. First the 5:30 wake up calls started, then the up multiple times a night happened. I figured he was just adjusting and that in time, he would get himself situated. Not so much! Things got so bad I had to block his door with a gate (which I did with Emma but she got the idea after 3 days). Once his three hour naps went down to an hour and I had an actual crying meltdown from lack of sleep, we decided Josh (and the rest of the family) is not ready for the big boy bed yet.

So at this moment, I have no idea what we are doing when the baby comes. Most people say it's no big deal because the baby will sleep in our room for the first few months anyway. Again, not so much. Emma lasted in our room 5 days and went packing, Josh was 2 days. We are not even attempting this one, I just can't sleep with a baby in the same room! Honestly, I am debating on pulling a bed in our room for Emma. Good grief, I should have listened to Eric 5 years ago when we bought this house and made sure we had 4 bedrooms. So much for my they can share rooms mentality, guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment