Friday, August 12, 2011

House of Mouse

During our California trip, we'd planned to take the kids to Knott's Berry Farm but at the last minute switched our plans and decided to go to Disneyland. My grandparents live about 10 minutes from the park so we packed up some food and snacks and headed to the Happiest Place on Earth.

The park was relatively uncrowded for a summer day and the kids were really excited by all there was to see. Eric and I decided to fore-go the pictures at the Mickey Mouse designed out of flowers so that we could head straight to rides. Our first stop was Buzz Lightyear, our favorite ride. We also knew the kids would love it since they are on such a Toy Story kick right now. After that, we stayed in Tomorrowland for a bit and then wandered to Fantasyland. In Fantasy Land, I began to feel pretty warm and dizzy and needed to sit down for awhile. The temperature was only 85 degrees but the humidity was high and I swear air really does not move through that park.

We sat down for lunch at the Village Haus Restaurant and after some food and air conditioning, I felt much better. Frontierland was next on our journey and while Eric and Emma went on Big Thunder Railroad, Josh and I went looking for some Mickey shaped lollipops. Lollipops acquired, we rode Pirates of the Caribbean which both kids were absolutely scared of while on but claimed it was their favorite ride once we were off. Fantasyland and Kind Arthur's Carousel were calling the kids names and after riding again for the fourth time, Eric and I decided it was time to head out. Both kids were exhausted and I was getting really dizzy again. Emma was upset to go but we promised her if she took a good nap, we would put Josh to bed early and come back to the park with her. She agreed quickly and took over a 2 hour nap so we put Josh down for bed at 6 (poor boy was so tired, only taking an hour nap in the stroller at the park and put up no fight going to bed so early).
The weather was gorgeous once we got back to the park and it was still relatively uncrowded. We had a great time spending the evening with Emma, she was so excited to see the fireworks and we ended the night getting ice cream at Gibson Girl. Back in the car, Emma immediatley passed out but not before asking us when we could go again. I told Eric that I would be ready in another 5 years, I love Disneyland am glad the kids had such a great day but I've gotten my fix and 5 years sounds good to me.

1 comment: