Thursday, October 20, 2011

Still waiting

Still waiting for the baby to make her grand entrance in to this world. I am 3 days away from 40 weeks and definitely ready for her to come. I'm trying not to complain too much and just be grateful that I was able to carry another child full term but as the days go by, my restraint on my whiny self lessens.

I think the hardest part right now, is working. Today I couldn't even make it a full day. I hate coming home and wasting my sick time when she isn't here yet, it just means less time together once she does come. But, I know that pushing myself to stay at work and feeling yucky all day isn't good for me, the baby, or my students. Say a prayer that this munckin comes soon or her momma might go postal.

I'm not the only one anticipating the baby's arrival. Emma is very anxious to meet her little sister and prays every night that she would come very soon so that mommy can sleep again. So sweet, little does she know, my sleepless nights won't end even when I get my body back! Josh is excited for the baby in his own way too. He likes to say hi and bye to my belly and in the last week, gave up the crib for his baby sister. Last night was the first night he was a terror but I'm praying it was just a random event and not related to being in the bed instead of the crib.

Eric is also ready for the baby to come. I think what he really wants is more than a tiny corner of the bed back. Poor guy, I toss and turn so much anymore that I doubt he's sleeping that great either. Today was the day that he picked for her arrival and he's very ready to have some time off of work to spend with the kids and I.

So here we are, waiting. Hopefully, it's not too much longer and our adventures as a family of 5 (good grief, 5) can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment