Halloween was such a whirlwind this year since Elizabeth was only ten days old. Emma, Josh, and I had been at Once Upon a Child back in September when Emma found an ASU cheerleaders dress that she HAD to have for Halloween. Shortly after finding that, Josh (who is obsessed with the AZ Cardinals) found a football players costume. I then got this bright idea that Elizabeth would be a football and that all I needed to do was find a brown onesie and have a friend sew some white ribbon to it. FYI, plain brown onesies are impossible to find! I looked all over (which is hard to do when you have a brand new baby at home) then finally got clever bought a white onesie, some brown dye and presto.
The evening before Halloween we went to the Hildwine's and carved pumpkins together. Emma had a blast and really got into her carving this year, Josh cared for about 10 minutes, and Elizabeth was content to sleep and eat.
This Halloween night was Josh's first experience with trick or treating and he was a bit scared. A few weeks prior his Ya-Ya and Poppi took him to Schnepf Farms for their annual Pumpkin Festival. He rode a train ride with Poppi and apparently there were scary guys on the ride and that was enough to set him off (we are still trying to convince him that no scary guys are going to get him). Every house we went to, he allowed Emma and our next door neighbor Gracey, go to the door first to ensure it was safe for him to approach. If he didn't like the look of the house, he steered clear. After about 10 houses, Josh was done but Emma was up for more. Eric and I changed places and I stayed home to pass out candy with Elizabeth and Josh. When Emma was finally done collecting her loot, she helped pass out candy too (I'm pretty sure both kids enjoyed passing out candy more than they did collecting it). We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood and they loved seeing all the different costumes. As of today we still have a gallon Ziploc bag full of candy, it's like the never ending bag! Both are excited for Halloween 2012 and are already planning their costumes.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment