Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Emma's first day of Kindergarten

All summer long Emma had been asking when Kindergarten would start.  Finally her day arrived!  After all the obligatory school shopping for clothes, supplies, and shoes she was ready.  Until she decided the day before school she needed a dramatic haircut.  Goodbye long locks, hello short.  Emma is definitely my child when it comes to her hair, grow it out then chop it off and repeat. 

We set out her favorite dress the night before and packed her a special lunch in her new Hello Kitty lunchbox.  I'm pretty sure she was up at 6:00 or earlier because when I got up, she was already dressed and ready to go.  Waiting 2 hours for school to start was like torture for her.  At her school, they ask all kindergarteners to go to their classrooms the first day and luckily Eric and I were both able to take her.  Emma did great until it was time to say goodbye, I'm pretty sure the few kids crying hysterically in her classroom may have given her some anxiety.  When we bent down to give her a kiss and hug goodbye, I could see she was fighting back tears and as we walked away, I could see her wiping tears from her face.  Of course this caused me to cry as Eric and I walked back to the car and then I proceeded to cry the whole way to work.  I'm such a wimp!

Thankfully when she got home that afternoon,  she was all smiles and had a great day.  She even told me about all the kids crying that day and when I asked her if she cried she quickly replied "no way" and when she asked me if I cried, I replied with the same.  ;O)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment