Today Jonathan is six weeks old and I have my appointment with my doctor. I'm excited to be cleared to start working out again! I'm not sure exactly when I will have time to exercise, maybe we'll institute fitness time at our house and the kids can join in. :o)
Life is still a bit nutty around here and the mornings are the most hectic. I still haven't figured out how to feed Jonathan, get myself ready (hair, make-up, dressed), feed the kids, feed myself, get the kids ready (though Emma and Josh do a great job getting themselves dressed), and get Jonathan down for his first nap. Unfortunately, his first nap tends to be a crummy one and it doesn't give me the time to accomplish all these things. He generally wakes up and wants to be held, which makes life a little impossible. Emma and Josh have been great other than their love/hate relationship for one and another. They play fabulously for an hour then are beating each other up and running to tattle the next hour. Oh the joys of siblings! Elizabeth is still a hot mess. She's so clever and seems to know exactly when I can't get to her, the little monkey can now climb on the couches. The girl is going to be a gymnast, she has an amazing sense of balance and agility. Even still, all I can envision is her falling and really injuring herself. She does love playing with Emma and Josh and will follow them around to no end but sometimes they want to play and it doesn't include her, those times are hard.
Despite the challenging times, we have been plugging along. Emma got her ears pierced a few weeks ago. Both she and Josh were fascinated with the tattoo shop and Emma was quite the trooper, not moving a muscle while the piercer stuck her with the needle. She been taking very good care of her ears and is excited to wear BIG earrings, too bad that day won't be coming for awhile. Eric is working the Life Teen convention Sunday-Wednesday this week in Scottsdale and is taking Emma and Josh camping for a few days along with his dad, brother in law, and niece after convention. On Monday I start a new bible study with some other moms and am excited for this opportunity. Josh has become quite the kung-fu man and his new life long dream is to be a Power Ranger. Elizabeth is all about water and loves the swimming pool. Jonathan is growing so fast and even Emma said the other day, he's not so little anymore. We were blessed with a good baby and despite the challenges I've had with nursing again, I can't complain.
We have a full line up of activities the rest of June and beginning of July and maybe just maybe, I'll find some time to blog about them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love reading labor stories! I can't believe you have four kids now. And I really can't believe I'm about to have four kids. I'm TERRIFIED about this fourth for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'll accomplish nothing for the first few months.
ReplyDelete