Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Because I have too much free time!

So I have finally decided to start blogging. Eric has been telling me to do this for a long time but to tell you the truth I had always believed it was silly for people to journal their lives on a blog. I also wondered why people thought that others cared about what they were doing and what they thought. Well that was before we got a card recently from Eric's grandparents who live in Florida. Eric's grandma has Alzheimers and so they haven't traveled to Arizona since Emma was a newborn. In the card, Eric's grandpa wrote a note about how much they love his blog and how they look at it often. It later dawned on me, that this was how they would know their great grandchildren, through Eric's blog. So that little note made me change my mind about this whole thing and made me realize that this is a great way to share our lives with those loved ones living far away from us and even those friends we don't connect with as often as we'd like. So welcome to the world of blogging Jill Hildwine, eat your own words!

3 comments: