Friday, July 3, 2009
Whale Wars, what the......
So Eric's new addiction is a TV show called Whale Wars. It is on Friday nights on Animal Planet. He swears up and down that this show is ridiculous but yet he keeps watching it and even DVR's it. The whole premise of this show is about a boat crew (The Sea Shepard) who sail the seas looking for Japanese whaling vessels to terrorize because they are against whaling. The Sea Shepard has no real legal authority to be doing this they are just a bunch of whale loving (nothing wrong with that) hippies. The problem (in my opinion) is when they begin ramming their boats into Japanese whaling vessels and throwing stink bombs at the Japanese crews. They even go so far as to talk about how they would give their lives for the whales. Seriously???? Do they realize that their are real human beings dying every single day in every country of the world? It is a whale! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against whales and in fact I consider myself an animal loving person. It just makes me a bit crazy when I think about how much more concerned society is with animal life then they are with human life. As I finish this blog, the show is ending and the Sea Shepard has arrived safely back on Hobart Island. The Captain is meeting with news crews and is handed a letter, inside is a unknown white substance. Could it be Anthrax or some other deadly toxin? Great, now I will have to tune in next week to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't help that I'm so intrigued by stupid people. Admit that its entertaining to watch.
ReplyDeleteWow! I had no idea there was such a cause out there - protect the whales.
ReplyDeleteKeith watches this show too and its bugs me to no end. Whales are great...but you would seriously give your life to save one? Really?
ReplyDeleteEric, I love this show! I was so pissed last week that there was no new episode! I am addicted.
ReplyDeleteThis is Keith.
Ya, so we've been watching it to. At first we thought they had some type of authority but no just stink bombs and slippery stuff. Weird, I wonder how they make money? Probably drugs :)
ReplyDelete