Years ago I remember telling my mom that I didn't ever want kids. I was not a typical girl around babies, I didn't swoon or want to hold them and up until 3 years ago I couldn't care less about babies. When Emma was born I had no clue how to change a diaper, make a bottle, or burp a baby. I'm not sure what changed in me but one day I knew I wanted to be a mother, I just didn't expect to be this in love with my children. Don't get me wrong, I knew I'd love my kids I just never thought the love I would feel would be indescribable. How do you describe love for people who make me feel like the most special person in the world? How do you describe love for people who are part you and who make your heart melt every time they look at you? My heart has been stolen by my children, it belongs to them.
It's amazing where life takes us. I am so blessed that God has put these three people in my life and that I get to share my heart with them!
Jill, your blog was so beautiful. It also made me feel a whole lot better. I am not a baby person either and I have been feeling really guilty about it because who doesn't just love and adore babies! It makes me have hope in myself. Ha!
ReplyDeleteso sweet. i love this photo of the three of them. such a great one!
ReplyDeletelike jo, i always felt so guilty about not oohing and ahhing at people's babies. i was so nervous that the mother gene would kick in, but like you said it just does!