Sunday, August 2, 2009

So tired

It's been some time since I have posted anything and I have sat down every night of this last week to blog but just couldn't get motivated enough to actually do it. It has been a crazy week and we have been tired around here! On Friday 8/24 I left for Tucson to help with the Steubenville West Conference for the weekend. It was the first time I had been away from both kids since Josh was born and to top it off I was leaving Eric alone for the weekend after getting Josh's helmet the day before. Eric did great with the kids and kept them busy on Friday by hanging out with his mom and then had friends over that night. He even braved a road trip with both kids on Saturday to come down to Tucson (about an hour and 45 minute trip) to visit me for a few hours. I was happy to have them all there and Emma did a great job helping me drive my golf cart around dropping off speakers to their locations around U of A's campus.

Josh's first few days in his helmet were definitely an adjustment. They warned us that the helmet would make him sweat and that he could possibly develop heat rash. Well that was the understatement of the year! Josh is already a pretty sweaty kid and this just made it worse. By Sunday evening he had developed a pretty good heat rash on his head and we had to take him in for an appointment on Monday so the therapist could check it out. We were told to keep it off for the rest of the day and put it back on in the evening. We did just that and that night's sleep was just awful! Josh has been sleeping through the night for a few months now but he was up every 2 hours crying because of the heat. Unfortunately Tuesday night was more of the same and by Wednesday I was running on 5 hours total sleep for two nights. Also by Wednesday Josh's heat rash had come back but in different locations so we had to keep him out of the helmet that night and thankfully we all slept. Like an idiot though I put him back in the helmet on Thursday because I thought his rash looked better. What a mistake, I ended up making the rash worse (which I didn't realize until the next morning) and he cried from 10:30pm-2:30am when I finally got so frustrated from not sleeping that I took it off of him. When I saw his head in the morning (Friday) I freaked out a bit, called the office and a few hours later Josh and I were headed back to Phoenix so they could check him out again. Because his poor head looked so bad he was out of the helmet all Friday and half of Saturday. Finally today we got him back in it for the whole day and it looked pretty good. He's now asleep with it on and hopefully his little body is almost done adjusting and we have seen the end of the heat rashes. Keep your fingers crossed and say your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! Feel free to drop kids with me if you need a break, or a nap. Seriously, I'm home all day...

    ReplyDelete