On New Year's Eve, Eric and I were watching FOX News in New York City and the anchorman and woman were talking about another decade going by, they told viewers to think about where they were 10 years ago. As I thought, I realized how long a decade really is. 10 years ago I was a sophomore in college, had no Emma or Josh, was still working at Blockbuster Video, wasn't even dating Eric yet, and was living at home with my parents. Good grief so much has changed! I can't even imagine what this decade is going to bring.
Our New Year's Eve was quiet and for the first time in years Eric and I did not go out. Pathetically I couldn't even stay up until midnight and was in bed by 10:40. Eric didn't last either and was out by 11:40. Our New Year's day was pretty uneventful too and neither Eric or I can remember what we did with the kids. Our weekend was nice (though both kids caught colds) and we were able to spend time with both of our families.
As for New Year resolutions, I have about 50! I am big into taking a look at yourself at any opportunity and changing things you don't like. I feel like new years, new seasons, new weeks, really any time new comes along is a time to reflect on who you are and who you want to be. So this year I want to be a more positive me! By nature, I am a very opinionated and I tend to think my way is right. Though I do think being opinionated is a good thing, I do think I can tone it down. I don't have to share my opinion out loud all the time or even be judgmental when someone does not agree with my way of thinking. So that is my big resolution with many other small ones attached. I asked Eric tonight since he has yet to share his resolution with me and he said he doesn't know. Sounds about right!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment