Spring Break is over and our week was crazy. I decided to take the kids to California last Monday to stay with grandparents for the week. I have come to the conclusion that I hate the drive to California and am going to invest in my own plane. With the kids the normal 5 hour drive becomes about 6.5 and it's just a long time for my kids to sit in a seat.
The weather in California was beautiful and we took quite a few trips to the park on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday evening a bunch of my family came for dinner and it was a mad house! 2 grandparents, 3 uncles, 2 aunts, 9 cousins, 1 dad, the 3 of us, and that's just the family that made it over. Josh was totally overwhelmed and went down to bed screaming for the first time ever. On Thursday we headed to the beach and luckily I brought sweaters, it was chilly. The temp. dropped 10 degrees on the beach and it was windy. Emma loved looking for shells and brought a collection back to show Eric. Josh loved the feel of the sand and kept trying to eat it, silly boy will eat anything. Tht evening my aunt showed up and another cousin made it over and we had fun playing brain teaser games after the kids were in bed.
By Friday, I was exhausted and the kids were too so we packed up and headed home. We made it back around 4:30 and Emma and Josh were both in bed before 6:45pm. I was in bed by 10 and thankfully Eric was sweet enough to let me sleep in until about 9:30 the next morning! I love seeing my family back in California especially my grandparents but I need about 6 months to recover from this trip until the next go round!
Sadly took no pictures of our trip. I am so used to Eric having his camera that I forgot to take my camera and put it in the diaper bag every time we went somewhere. Poor Josh has no pictures of his first time at the beach, what a bad mommy!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment