Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seal Beach

During our trip to California were spent a day at Seal Beach. My aunt and uncle have a house at the beach and even though they were out of town, they allowed us to use the house for the day.

I love Seal Beach, they have a great Main Street with some cute shops and really great places to eat. There is a nice long pier to walk down, a playground right out of the sand where you can still see the ocean, and best of all it is never crowded or dirty.

The weather was beautiful again and I was mistakenly deceived into not putting sunscreen on myself or the kids. Luckily I got the worst of it and Josh only got a little pink on his cheeks. Emma loved the water and Josh loved the sand. Emma loved the sand and Josh did NOT love the water. I don't blame the kid, it was freezing! Despite a little wind, a sunburnt Jill, and cold water we had a terrific day.

Grammie showing Emma how to make sandcastles

Sandcastle hands

Wondering about the water

Deciding if they should run into the water

Getting closer

Finally in

Josh is content

Josh's reaction to being up close to the water (love it)

Of course Daddy gets him in

All smiles now

Chillin with Papa on Main Street before dinner

Walking on the pier after dinner (it was pretty windy and cold)

The beach just before we left

1 comment: