Monday, November 22, 2010

Fever

I can't believe that I haven't blogged about Emma's mysterious fevers yet, the stupid things!

It started back in February when she had a random high (almost 104 degrees) fever with no other symptoms for about 36 hours. After that, the fever made its reappearance in March while we were in California but this time it was accompanied by pneumonia so, I thought nothing of the fever because she was truly sick. Then, the dumb thing came back in April, May, and June. I took her to the doctor every time worried that something was wrong, but the doctor kept telling me she was fine. By June, I was fed up with the doctor's attitude toward the fact that my daughter each month for the past 5 months had had a 104 degree fever for 36 hours straight and that they were so raging, I had to piggyback Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours or she was burning up. In the feverish 36 hours, she doesn't eat and her sleep is affected (which is the most awful part because Emma requires a great deal of sleep to be a pleasant being).

After the June fever, I sought out a new pediatrician for the kids and ended up finding one who got us in soon after to discuss the situation with me. I felt so welcome at this new office, the doctor listened to every concern I had and made my concerns feel valid instead of ridiculous. He ordered a complete work up on Emma and happily everything came back negative. That was in July and then the fevers seemed to go away.

That is, until last month. :o( The stupid (how many times can I call fever a name?) fever came back last month and just again this weekend. The poor girl, I feel so awful for her, she is truly miserable when she gets them and nothing I try to do helps. I guess it's back to the doctor for us and hopefully this time around we can find out what is going on, for Emma's sake and mine.

1 comment:

  1. That is so strange!! Hopefully they can figure it out...poor Emma.

    ReplyDelete