Monday, July 13, 2009

There Is A Mountain

This past Saturday Emma discovered a new song. We were watching Playhouse Disney which is our normal routine on Saturday morning and after Handy Manny a music video came on. The video happened to be the new Kenny Loggins song, There Is A Mountain which features his daughter Hana. Well Emma fell in love with Hana Loggins instantly. In the video she is dressed up like a butterfly princess and Emma just stood there staring at the TV asking me who the little girl was. After the video was over, Emma asked me to play it again (the girl only 2 and a 1/2 understands the concept of the DVR so well). I think I must have replayed the song for her at least ten times. Finally I told her only one more time and she reluctantly agreed.

An hour or so later, she seemed to have forgotten the song and we went in to her room to get changed for the day. It was then that Emma discovered the butterfly costume that has been sitting in her dress-up basket for over a year now. She begged me to put it on her so that she could be a butterfly like the little girl. I thought it was so sweet that of course I helped her. Here is Emma all dressed up.

-


She stayed in costume all morning long and as we were playing Candy Land in the front room we heard the song come on the TV again. Emma jumped up and ran to the TV and stood there swaying back and forth trying to sing the words. Needless to say, she asked me to play it again and again and again.

Later when Eric came home from work she was so excited to tell him about the butterfly song and we found the full video on youtube which she watched at least 20 more times. In a few short days she has learned most of the words to the song and loves to watch it on the laptop while twirling around. Here is the video I took of Emma dancing which she didn't realize I was doing and then ran away once she figured it out.






I know I shouldn't be allowing her to spend so much time in front of the TV or computer but I just think that it's so cute that she wants to sing and dance to the song. Watch out Broadway here comes Emma Hildwine!

2 comments:

  1. Jill...I love her spunk...I think she needs to see her cousin...they can share wings ;-)!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete