Where has 2009 gone? I cannot believe that in about one month this year will be gone! This time last year I was still pregnant with Josh and trying to figure out a two year old. Eric was still at the Gilbert branch and had just finished shooting two weddings. Now, Josh is here and it seems strange that he hasn't always been, Emma is an incredibly smart three year old (that I'm still trying to figure out), and Eric got a promotion and moved to the Williams Field branch. I'm sure I'm missing a few events that happened in our lives but I guess those are the bigger ones.
This week I decorated the house for Christmas with Emma and it was exciting to see the joy on her face as she took everything in. She got the concept of the holidays last year but this year she truly understands everything. She knows about Santa and gifts, the tree and lights, about snowmen and my favorite Christmas village. We even set out a nativity given to her by her great grandmother on her first Christmas because I feel that she is old enough to begin understanding what this holiday truly means. The funny thing is that after five years as a core member talking to teenagers about their faith, I feel stumped talking to my own daughter about how Joseph and God are both Baby Jesus' father. Hopefully I will get better at this as she gets older!
So Thanksgiving has come and gone and it was hectic like always and every time I think about Christmas shopping my brain starts to hurt. I have decided though that I am not going to get caught up in being rushed and am just going to enjoy what the holiday has to bring!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment