When we arrived at my parent's house on Friday evening Emma noticed immediately that there was a new car in the driveway. She is going through a funny stage right now and acts very shy around new people for quite some time so I was surprised when she went in the house and walked right up to Grandpa and said I remember you and gave him a big hug, it was incredibly sweet. She also took to Grandma right away and was building domino houses with her by that evening. She also suckered Grandma into playing Barbies (which just means dressing them in fancy dresses, undressing them to put on pajamas, and then putting them down for bed) with her for about an hour. Josh also decided he loved Grandma right away and was more content then I have ever seen in her arms. He was so content he even fell asleep on her Sunday night at dinner. He's never done that without being rocked and she was just patting his back, he must have been able to tell she's had 6 children of her own and 17 grandchildren! I told Grandpa that they needed to move to Arizona so Grandma could babysit for us and he just laughed. Oh well, wishful thinking!
On Wednesday morning my grandparents drove home to California. I hate when they leave and still cry every single time I have to say goodbye, such a wimp! I plan not to make it another 18 months until our next visit and am working on our next trip to California already.

No comments:
Post a Comment