Thursday, June 10, 2010

My guy

Josh is at such a fun age right now. He is a doll of a baby and has such a lovey personality. He loves cuddling, giving kisses, holding hands, sitting on your lap, and smiles constantly. He follows Emma around like crazy and imitates everything that she does. Today she was making silly faces at him in the car and he laughed and laughed every time she made a new face. When Emma is in time out he immediatley goes in her room, sits on the floor and stays there until she is allowed out. He doesn't disturb her when she's in trouble and I think he just wants to be near her and wants her to know that he loves her. He has a vocabulary of about 15 words right now but you only hear 2 of them on a regular basis, hi and dada (Eric gets both words together while myself and my dad get called dada regularly). I am working really hard with him on asking for more which I know he understands and can even say but for some reason pointing and grunting have been a way more effective means of communicating thus far. Poor kid is going to get so sick of hearing me say more he might wish his mom didn't have the summers off! Josh also loves people, he walks around waving at everyone and loves to play peek-a-boo with random people in stores or restaurants. I remember saying when we found out Josh was a boy that I was worried because I had zero experience with little boys and now I can't imagine life without my guy.

Playing with Emma's Minnie ears



2 comments:

  1. What a cutie he is! Have you ever though of teaching him sign language? I did it w/ Sage and she signs like crazy now. It helped when she was his age--she didn't talk much but could communicate what she wanted with her signs. It's so cute to watch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Along with words, Josh also knows the signs for more and please but chooses not to use those either. Maybe 1 in 5 times I get the sign for more except when we sing, then he signs like crazy. His more sign is more like a clap and I love watching him do it, especially when you don't pay attention to his request and then he will sit there huffing and clapping until you give him more. Crazy kid!

    ReplyDelete