At the beginning of the summer Emma and Josh's sitter told me that she was going to be unable to continue watching the kids during the next school. I knew this day was coming as we had talked about it many times over the school year but it was still a hit straight to my heart. This lady, our neighbor was a Godsend.
We moved to our neighborhood when I was 7 months pregnant with Emma and the family across the street immediatley came over and introduced themselves. The couple had two young teenage girls and one younger elementary school aged girl. I knew from the beginning that I would like this family. After Emma was born, they came over with presents and dinners for a few nights and then a week later came over with more dinners. The day after Thanksgiving as Eric hung lights on the house while Emma and I watched the mother came over to chat. Through our conversation she learned that I was returning to work in 3 weeks and had no one to watch Emma. Right then and there she offered to take her and it was a prayer answered for us both. She needed income but still wanted to home school her junior high and elementary daughters and I wanted someone to watch my baby. In the few months I had know this family they had already shown us acceptance, love, and care and I knew that I could trust leaving Emma with them.
For the next two years our neighbor watched Emma and when Josh came along she moved watching the kids over to our house because it was just easier. Her two older daughters were both in high school now and this way every thing the kids needed was at her disposal, I loved the idea. Josh fell in love with her and we call her his BFF. Every time we drive down our street Josh points to her house, yells her name, and barks like a dog (she has 3 dogs). Her name was the second word he said, it's precious how much he adores her.
But all good things must come to an end they say. Actually I don't know if I truly believe that. I like better the saying, when God closes a door, he opens a window. I am trying to keep that in mind when thinking about who the kids will be with and where they will be watched. I would love nothing better than to have someone come to my house everyday and watch the kids but that is not looking as though it will happen. I know that children everywhere go to home daycare but I am having a rough time with it. My children have always had one on one attention, Josh has always napped in his own bed and is so attached to our neighbor. It will be fine I keep telling myself. I know God is going to put the right person in our lives and that the kids are going to fall in love with this person too. God does things for a reason, this is just a new beginning for us all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment