Monday, July 12, 2010

Desires

Here are a few things I want right now

1. I really want to learn how to make some of my great grandma and grandma's dishes. Unfortunately for me, these ladies don't write their recipes down. A few years ago my grandma showed me how to make our family's German Potato Salad and I am still trying to get it right. When we go to California in August, I am making it my goal to watch my grandma while she makes things and write down at least two recipes.

2. When I got pregnant with Emma I was 135 pounds, currently I am 140 pounds (with a ton of hard work, I am just not one of those lucky girls who lost the weight without working at it). I really want to get down to 135 again. I don't know if it's possible, my body just may never be the same again and I understand that but I just want to say I did it.

3. I have always been a Disney junkie and it's killing me that I haven't been to the park in 2 years (that might be a record for me). I really want to take Emma but keep hemming and hawing about it. With my grandparents living only a few miles from the park, I may just break down when we visit in August if I get that close and don't go again.

4. I really want to sing again and not just in my car or at church. I sang in high school and even in college for a bit. I really loved being in a choir, hearing all the voices blend together and being part of that just gave me goosebumps. When I saw Wicked last year, I sat there crying during a few of the pieces because the vocals were so beautiful.

Aside from the never ending desire for more clothes, I think that will do for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment