Tomorrow morning bright and early we leave for sunny California. Actually it's really not sunny there right now, the highs are in the high 70's. I am not complaining though and look forward to getting away from AZ weather for a bit, it did however make packing a bit difficult. Since my brain can only process 110 degree weather right now, I packed both kids a weeks worth of warm weather clothes and cool weather clothes. I have been tricked by California's weather before so I figured might as well be prepared.
It is amazing how much stuff you bring when you have kids. Back in the day when it was just Eric and I all we would have brought is one suitcase but in the car tomorrow we will have two suitcases (and one is a GIANT suitcase), a bag of shoes, a portable crib, the double stroller, a box of toys, the DVD player with movies, the diaper bag filled with goodies to eat, a cooler, a CD player and humidifier (my grandparent's house can get pretty loud and both help drown out the noise when the kids sleep), Emma's special blanket and Betty Bear, Josh's special bear, and all four of us. Good thing we have a really big car!
We are hoping to get to my grandparents in less than 7 hours and think by making mini stops every few hours the kids will get less cranky. We haven't decided exactly what we are doing for the week but there are plenty of options. I am excited to go and know that whatever we do will be fun!
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment