Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hardest Job

I can't tell you how many time in the past few weeks I have been told that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job. Obviously these people haven't tried being a part time stay at home mom and a working mom.

I am not by any means saying that being a stay at home mom is easy but at least there is some flexibility to it. When I am home during my breaks, we mill around the house in our PJ's and get ready as the day goes, there is no reason to rush unless we have plans. On the days I work, I have to get myself ready and out the door by 7-7:30 plus trying to spend a few minutes with the kids and help Eric get them ready for the day. On days that I am off, I have plenty of time to clean, play with the kids, workout, and get dinner started. When I work, I get home and have 2 and a half hours to accomplish playing with the kids, making dinner, feeding the kids, bath time, and putting Josh down. Half an hour later when Emma goes to bed, I clean and workout. There is truly no flexibility to my working days.

So please stop telling me stay at home moms have the hardest job, because I think that my line of work it just as hard if not harder (but that is my opinion and I am not going to start spouting it off to every mother I meet!).

2 comments:

  1. Now that I'm back to working again, I think I share this opinion. We can get together and bitch at our next tea date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit it right on the nose! I feel the same way. It's so hard to do everything for your kids and get some "me" time to workout and clean too!

    ReplyDelete