Wednesday, October 27, 2010

North Carolina


Emma and I had a great time in North Carolina and can't wait to go back again next year.

We began our trip with a 6:00 am flight (not quite sure what I was thinking when I booked this) but luckily Emma was so excited that she wasn't cranky at all. She did amazingly well on the flight to Detroit and about the time she was getting stir crazy, we landed and had an hour lay over. The terminal in Detroit was so small that an hour lay over was just enough time to get lunch and be on our next flight to Charlotte. The flight to Charlotte started off a bit rough, it happened to be right at nap time and Emma was exhausted but couldn't fall asleep so she was a bit weepy. My mom and I decided to switch seats for this flight and having Grammie next to her seemed to do the trick. The flight was short and before we knew it, we had gotten the rental car and were pulling up to Dani's apartment.

After lots of hugs and opening her birthday present from Aunt Dani and Uncle Kevin (a new princess sleeping bag), Emma went down for her over due nap. While she napped, Dani and Kevin took me out to show me around Charlotte. The houses there are adorable and the trees are fantastic, it would be a nice place to live. We stayed out for some time and I was amazed that my parents hadn't called to tell me Emma was awake. The poor girl was so tired that I had to wake her up out of a 3+ hour nap so we could go to the farmer's market to pick out pumpkins and go to dinner.

The local farmer's market was huge and filled with pumpkins. Emma was so excited by all of the different types of pumpkins and I have to say that I was too. She helped Dani pick out three pumpkins for her house and my mom went nuts buying all kinds of fruits and vegetables which were all delicious.

For dinner, Dani and Kevin chose a Cajun restaurant called Razoo's. Dani was excited to go there because of their fish bowl drinks and of course we got one to split. The thing was delicious and it's easy to see how one person could knock one down alone, which I think my dad may have done because he hoarded the drink! Our food took forever to get to us but when it did, there were no complaints because it was yummy. We even ended up trying their alligator, which I can say really does taste like chicken.

After dinner we went back to the apartment for Emma to head to bed and the rest of us to get ready for our trip the next morning to Asheville. When I finally crawled into bed I was so tired, it didn't even matter that Emma was sprawled out all over my side.

Emma on the plane
At the farmer's market

At Razoo's

Look at that drink (3 people right?)
Guess not!

No comments:

Post a Comment