Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recipes

When Eric and I were first married, he was the cook in our house. If you have ever enjoyed Eric's cooking you know that he has a knack for making really yummy food. It wasn't until after Josh was born and Emma's dinner time became a 5:00 event instead of the normal 7:30 Eric and I had always been used to, that I started taking over the cooking.

At first I started with the usual easy meals to make like tacos, spaghetti, and chicken. Slowly I have built up a selection of recipes I have gotten pretty good at making. Recently though, I have become tired of the usuals and started searching high and low for new tasty meals. I stumbled upon the website, allrecipes.com a few weeks ago looking for good pulled pork recipe and now get daily e-mails with new recipes to try. So far, I have tried a number of them and they are pretty decent.

On Monday, I tried the teriyaki chicken recipe and even though it smelt really good, it wasn't. Of course Emma told me it was bad but she doesn't count because of her aversion to anything with chicken but I truly knew it was no good when Josh (the human garbage disposal) wouldn't eat it either. After trying desperately to coax both into eating it, I tried a bite and it was so bland. Honestly, there was no flavor! With a ton of doctoring I was able to salvage it over the next few days for my lunch (I am so cheap that I won't throw away blah food and force myself to eat it).

Tomorrow is the pulled pork and I am hoping for a win because my cooking ego can't take two bad meals in a row. Especially when Eric made his famous enchiladas last night and even Emma ate two!

1 comment:

  1. If you find some good recipes, please share! I'm at the bottom of my recipe barrel right now. :)

    ReplyDelete