Last week at the mall Emma mentioned how cute a flower clip looked in a little girl's hair and I got so excited. I think bows and clips are adorable and Emma has just started wanting them in her hair all the time so once I heard those words I was racing off to Once Upon a Child to get her some. The had a pretty decent selection there but unfortunately they were $5.99. Probably not a bad price but I have this thing with matching colors and I wouldn't have been able to buy just one. We would have needed a pink, red, orange, white, and well you get the picture. After standing in the store for about 15 minutes inspecting the clip, I decided I could make one myself. I headed to Michael's to look for some flowers, they didn't have much of a selection and I was looking for daisies but I did find four very pretty ones. After one last trip to Sally's for hair clips, I got out the hot glue gun that night and started working. By the fourth clip, I was in a grove and figured out how to make them work just the right way. I think they turned out pretty cute and Emma was very excited the next morning when I showed them to her. She wore one to school with me that day and got compliments (which she loved) from many of my co-workers.


That night I decided that I needed to make a few more smaller flowers so I set out to Michael's for more flowers. Unfortunately, the spring selection had already put on sale and the smaller bunches of daisies were gone. Luckily I stumbled upon a shelf of small flower pots each with two daisies of the same color in them so I bought a few and again that night got to working. Now Emma has a collection of flower clips for her hair and I am really proud of myself for making them and for saving a ton of money. Once I added up the costs for all the materials it came to about $2.40 a clip and I still have 6 gems and 5 clips left.


So now I have a new calling in life and the next step is to learn how to make bows and headbands! Josh better watch out or he might get accessorized too, I just know Eric would love that!
No comments:
Post a Comment