Thursday, May 27, 2010

Last day

Today was the last day of school and my last day of work for 2 plus months! Today I said goodbye to two of my students. One has been with me for two years and will be going to Kindergarten next fall, and the other I only had for this year but his family is moving to another state. As I was saying my goodbyes to my students I realized that I have learned a great deal from these kiddos. This was the first year that I had non verbal students, non walking students, and students that are not yet independent in many of their skills. It was definitely a learning year for me but I had a great year and loved working with my class every day. It is incredibly rewarding thinking about how much these kids have grown over the year and how much they have accomplished. I look forward to working with my returning students in the fall but am excited about my summer ahead with Emma and Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment