Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother

What can be said about being a mother that hasn't been said before? It is the best job and the hardest job at the same time. There are days when everything goes so perfectly, when both kids are compliant and easy and other days when they are the complete opposite of easy. Today was the fifth time I celebrated being a mother and I can only hope that every time this day comes that I am a better mother than the last. My children have made me a mother and every day, even the hard days, I grateful for the gift of them. I know that they are on loan to me from Heaven and I know it's my job to get them back there. Each week my prayer at mass before receiving Communion is to be a better mother. To have the strength to teach my children right from wrong, to let them know how loved they are, to have patience with them, and to do my best to help them become the best version of themselves. Through God's grace, I know that I can do all of these things and be the mother that I was meant to be. I love my children with all my heart and am so blessed to have them in my life.

1 comment: