I came to the conclusion today that I am a bit neurotic. Before Eric left for work this morning I was busy vacuuming the tile so I could mop because mopping day is Tuesday and somehow it got to be Thursday without being done. It's sad that Emma asked me twice while mopping if it was Tuesday because she knows that is mopping day. It's even sadder that all of my chores are on a schedule. I am a constant scheduler and planner, it's how I work. I like to have routine and know what is coming (I promise that I have learned to be somewhat flexible since having the kids).
I also realized today that my neurosis goes beyond scheduling everything. The kids and I headed over to a mom's group play date this morning and by the time we'd been there an hour, the mom's house who hosted was a disaster. There were toys, stuffed animals, puzzles, games, goldfish crackers, kids, drinks, books, and anything else kid related all over. As I sat on the couch talking to my friends while the kids played it took everything in me to not get up and clean. All the other moms were so calm especially the mom who hosted. I am so crazy that I had to mentally talk myself out of cleaning another mom's house and probably would have gotten out the vacuum while the kids played if it was my house. Even as we cleaned up before we left, the mom who hosted didn't seem to mind one bit that all of our children wrecked her house. Why can't I be like that? Problems, I have problems and that's why!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think we might have been separated at birth. Seriously. I have often wondered if I need to be medicated to keep my OCDish behaviors under control. I, too, clean on a schedule and will often be up at 5 am to get a jump start on it. I FREAK out when my house is dirty and will go so far as ignoring my kids while I clean. It's a horrible horrible problem that I feel guilty about all the time. So you ain't alone, girl!
ReplyDeleteAnd...I am trying to loose five pounds, too. Let's do it together!
Just wait til you see how neurotic I get with my meal planning and grocery shopping...you will laugh! :)
ReplyDelete