Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clever

Sunday night we celebrated Emma's fourth birthday with our families and the kids godparents. Since we had the party on Sunday night Emma understood it to mean that it was her birthday. We tried getting her to understand that it was just the day of the party and that Wednesday (today) was her actual birthday. We gave up trying to explain, determining she is too little for the concept of an actual birth day yet and that it didn't really matter anyway.

Last night while having dinner Emma asked how many pieces of ham she had to eat from her bowl of soup. I responded by asking her how old she was. Emma quickly replied 4 and my response back was, then you have to eat 4 pieces of ham. As my clever daughter looked down at her soup bowl, the wheels began turning ( I swear I could see her thinking at that moment) and she looked up at me smiling. She replied (and I quote) but you and daddy said that my birthday is tomorrow and I am still 3 so I only have to eat 3 bites.

Holy cow, the girl played me! How could I argue with that, it was the truth. Emma Grace 1, Mom 0.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! Oh wow, you've got yourself a handful Jill. Just wait, this is only the beginning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying at both these new posts. She is too cute! Sage is our icky picky, too. We battle it out at meal times. I seriously dread trying to get her to eat dinner. I make her eat what we eat too, and that usually means that she screams through the whole meal. It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete