The day after flying in to North Carolina we woke up and packed the sweet minivan we rented and drove up to Asheville. Dani was very excited to show us the leaves changing colors and I was equally excited to see them. Unfortunately, mother nature did not get the memo that I was coming to see the very thing I had been waiting years to see and only some trees were changing. Oh well, just another reason to go back next year.
After about a 2 hour drive we made it to the top of the Blue Ridge Parkway and had a picnic lunch. The weather was perfect in the shade but in the direct sunlight was a bit warm so we didn't stay for too long. As we drove around the parkway we made a few stops to hike (I use that word loosely) some trails. Emma was very into the idea of hiking and loved climbing the broken down trees and rocks. My dad also loved the idea of hiking but instead of following the trails he thought it would be quicker to make his own path and cut through wherever he could.
We spent sometime in the town of Asheville later on in the day. Asheville is a great deal like Sedona, it's an artist community and very free spirited. We looked around the shops, played in the town square, and ate dinner. Later that night after Emma was in bed, Dani, Kevin, Dad, and I hit the breweries, and believe me this little town has plenty of them. We found one that served Lambic so Dani and I were happy and another that served a Pumpkin Ale which made Dad happy. Around 1 we headed back to the hotel to get some much needed sleep for our apple picking adventure the next day.
By the way, I froze my booty off that night because my darling daughter stole all the covers while we slept. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So Emma enjoyed the jam and biscuits, eh? :)
ReplyDelete