Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Caramels
It is a tradition in Eric's family to make caramels every year at Christmas time from a handed down family recipe. Eric and his sister did it when they were little with his mom and Eric began doing it when we got married. For the past two years Emma has helped out and this year Josh joined in the fun. There really isn't much for the kids to do yet since the majority of the work happens on a hot stove but we dressed them up in aprons anyway and let them put the ingredients in the pot. Both had fun and "cleaned" the dishes afterward. This year all three batches turned out great (not too hard, not too soft) and I think Eric has finally figured out the perfect caramel. I love this tradition that our family is carrying on and I also love sharing it with our neighbors who wait for Christmas caramels every year!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment