Monday, April 26, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Today is the second Monday in a row that Emma has been sick. She has an ear infection and is on antibiotics but for some reason her fever is just not going away. This is not just a little fever either, I'm talking 103-105 fever. Those are numbers that just scare me. We have already switched medications once, been to the Urgent Care, called the nurse on call, and gotten a personal call from her doctor this morning. Turns out that this is not uncommon and some fevers are just persistent. What? Am I the only one that thinks this is not normal? Poor Emma is miserable and I am trying my best to understand that her severe mood swings are all because she feels icky. I know that I have a very small patience level and I find myself saying a prayer every five minutes to please not snap at her to quit whining. I think God and I need to have another heart to heart because I feel like a failure right now. My mom suggested we make cookies this afternoon to take her mind off everything so we are going to try that. Hopefully chocolate chip will provide the strength I desperately need right now!

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! A fever for that long doesn't sound normal...maybe get a 2nd opinion?

    ReplyDelete