It was fun watching them play and I learned three things today. Number 1, never assume anything about your kids. Number 2, keep a towel in the car and Number 3, the splash pad will be seeing us a lot this summer.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Splash Pad
Today Emma finally woke up without a fever and it stayed away the whole day! To celebrate we headed out to the mall play land and much to Emma's excitement they had turned on the jets in the splash pad next to the play land. Now Emma has a long history with the splash pad and it's not a history of fun. For the last 3 summers Emma has always been excited by the water but as soon as she got near it, she would freak out, refuse to get wet, and generally end up walking around watching all the other kids play in the water. So today when she asked to go play in the water I immediately said sure because I knew what would happen. Much to my surprise, she got up to the water and started putting her feet in. After about 10 minutes she was dripping wet and I was wishing I had a towel. Knowing Emma's history I also assumed Josh would want nothing to do with the water but I keep forgetting how different he is from her. Within 5 minutes he was right there getting wet with his big sister, he didn't love being splashed by the other kids but he was fascinated with the jets.





It was fun watching them play and I learned three things today. Number 1, never assume anything about your kids. Number 2, keep a towel in the car and Number 3, the splash pad will be seeing us a lot this summer.
It was fun watching them play and I learned three things today. Number 1, never assume anything about your kids. Number 2, keep a towel in the car and Number 3, the splash pad will be seeing us a lot this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment