Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tough day

Yesterday was a really hard day for the kids and I. Emma has been sick again and has been running a fever of 103 plus since Saturday. I took her in to see the doctor on Monday and the poor girl has another ear infection. Yesterday she was just in a defiant mood, I said one thing and she did the opposite. She yelled, threw things, cried, talked back, refused to eat, the list goes on and on. Unfortunately I forgot to remember that she is only 3 and feels like junk right now. I know I was awful to her and as I put her to bed last night I couldn't help but be disappointed with myself. I promised her that I would try harder today if she would too. After talking to both my mom and Eric last night and crying a lot, I knew I needed to change my approach with her. Emma is definitely my child and has the strongest will, we tend to butt heads and often I feel we are in a battle of wills. I am proud to say that today was a much better day and I am so glad that my daughter has a forgiving heart. I was greeted with a big hug and an I love you when I got home from work and that was really all I needed to know, to know that we would be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment